WISE & Healthy Aging – Equal Employment Opportunity
WISE & Healthy Aging provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WISE & Healthy Aging complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
WISE & Healthy Aging expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. This policy also extends to include volunteers and interns. Improper interference with the ability of WISE & Healthy Aging’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Descriptions of open positions at WISE & Healthy Aging are posted on this website as they become available. WISE & Healthy Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Job Announcement (1 of 1): Care Manager – In Home Services
Reports to: Director of Care Management
Location- Santa Monica headquarters of WISE & Healthy Aging
The Care Management program of WISE & Healthy Aging will provide efficient, comprehensive, and effective care management services to senior residents which include a comprehensive assessment of the clients, development of a written Care Plan with measurable outcomes, arrangement and coordination of services, and client follow-up to monitor the effectiveness of the services arranged and assess the need for additional services.
- Conduct client intakes using the Area Agency on Aging Universal Intake Form with potential client to identify needs and determine client eligibility.
- Conduct a comprehensive in-home assessment including a written bio psychosocial assessment for potential clients.
- Develop a written care plan with measurable outcomes to address and implement an agreed upon action plan for client needs.
- Identify appropriate resources and mobilize them to address client needs and resolve problems.
- Arrange and coordinate services on behalf of client.
- Maintain contact with client to monitor the effectiveness of the services arranged for client and assess the need for additional services.
- Provide local law enforcement and Adult Protective Services with critical liaison services for elder abuse referral cases.
- Educate prospective clients about WISE HomeCare services; complete initial intake and conduct home visits when required.
- Write accurate, thorough, and specific client assessments, letters, emails, and other communication. Complete timely, accurate and thorough documentation for client files.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Master’s in social work (MSW) or other related field strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s required in human services or related field.
- Excellent verbal and oral communications skills.
- Two (2) years minimum experience working with older adults
- Fluency in English and Spanish preferred
- Previous case management experience strongly preferred; knowledgeable of community resources and needs of client population.
- Transportation, auto insurance and satisfactory criminal background check required.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
Comprehensive 80% paid medical, 100% paid dental 401(k), FSA, optional life and vision insurance, 11 paid holidays and Paid time off.