Senior Action Fairs
The WISE & Healthy Aging Elder Abuse Prevention Program provides seniors with the knowledge and skills they can use to protect themselves from becoming a victim of financial, physical, or emotional crimes and to maintain their quality of life.
This is done by offering “Senior Action Fairs – Protect Yourself Against Fraud and Abuse” events throughout the County and City of Los Angeles.
WISE & Healthy Aging experts instruct seniors how to avoid identity theft, telemarketing and investment scam, some repair rip-offs, sweepstakes and mail fraud, and real estate fraud. These fairs also have State, County, City and Community representatives hosting information tables. Seniors are encouraged to visit each table, ask questions, and pick up provided materials.
- Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office
- Los Angeles County Adult Protective Services
- U.S. Postal Inspection Service
- Los Angeles County Area Agency on Aging
- City of Los Angeles Department on Aging
- California Department of Insurance
- Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office
- Federal Trade Commission
- California State Contractors License Board
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Los Angeles County Assessor’s Office
- Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department
- California Medical Board
For more information, please call (310) 394-9871.