Mental Health Services
In addition to physical health issues, some seniors also face mental and emotional issues. WISE & Healthy Aging provides a variety of mental health services for seniors.
These services include:
- Mental Health Services. These services for older adults include individual, couple, family and group psychotherapy. The services offer also include psychosocial assessment and testing, psychiatric consultation, care management and management of medications. For more information on these services, call (310) 394-9871, ext. 211.
- Click Here to view our Individual and Group Psychotherapy brochure.
- Click Here for pre and post doctoral training information.
- In-home psychotherapy. To be eligible for these services, the client must be 55 years of age or older and be MediCal eligible, uninsured or under-insured. Clients with Medicare only may be eligible. (Clients who have Medicare and a medigap insurance plan or who have Medicare HMO coverage are not eligible.)
- Peer Counseling. This renowned program uses intensively trained volunteer seniors to counsel individuals, couples or families. Each counselor receives ongoing supervision in counseling.
- Caregiver support groups. Being responsible for the care of another person can be stressful. WISE & Healthy Aging offers support groups for caregivers.