The resident has the right to:
- Be fully informed by a doctor of his or her total health status.
- Must be given the opportunity to participate on an immediate and ongoing basis in the total plan of care.
- Be fully informed in advance about care and treatment and any changes in care or treatment that may affect the resident.
- Participate in planning care and treatment or changes in care or treatment unless the resident has been legally found to be incompetent or is otherwise incapacitated under California law.
- Give him or herself medications, unless doing so would be dangerous.
- Choose a personal attending physician.
- Consent to or refuse any treatment or procedure or take part in experimental research.
- Receive all information that is material to his or her decision concerning whether to accept or refuse any proposed treatment or procedure.